First of all, let’s prepare the lemon curd. The recipe can also be made without it, but it will give our crumble a fresh and pleasant touch. You can make it the night before, purchase it or replace it with a vanilla ice cream!
- 25 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- the juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 organic egg and 1 organic egg yolk, beaten
- Melt the butter over a very low heat.
- Add the sugar, the lemon juice and rind and finally the beaten eggs.
- Continue to mix gently using a wooden spatula, until the mixture thickens and coats the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the lemon curd from the heat and pour it into a sterilised jar. Its consistency will change and thicken as it cools down.
- Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve the crumble.
Crumbles are the perfect dessert for those short on time, they are a versatile hymn to seasonal fruit and everyone loves them!
- 675 g pears
- 45 g sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of water
- 70 g dark chocolate in pieces
- 110 g white flour
- 50 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 30 g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (200 °F) or in a gas oven at the 6 gas mark. Choose a medium-size baking dish with 3 cm edges and grease it with butter.
- Peel the pears and cut them in half. Rub them with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. Core and clean the pears using a paring knife or a spoon. Cut the pears into cubes, add the cinnamon and 45 g of sugar and allow them to sit with the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumble. Work the butter with the flour and add a spoonful of water if needed.
- Incorporate the rolled oats, the sugar, a pinch of salt and continue to work until you obtain a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the pears and place the baking dish in the oven for 40 minutes or until the crumble is a nice golden colour. Be careful not to burn it!
Enjoy it hot served with lemon curd. Absolutely delicious!
If you need any information please contact us using the form below.